Takayama 180 by Ginza Steel - Hand Crafted Santoku 180mm Knife - Made in Seki City of Japan
Santoku knife is the most popular type of knife that has evolved together with the Japanese culture
It is an all-purpose knife that could prepare pretty much any ingredient. Although its birthplace is Japan, its convenience has spread overseas, and in recent years many non-Japan made Santoku Knives are found.
|Knife Type||Santoku (It is an all-purpose knife that could prepare pretty much any ingredient)|
|Blade Material||High Carbon Swedish Steel 19C27 by Sandvick ( 45 Layer Damascus )|
|Blade Edge||Double Edge|
|Handle||Chestnut tree with 8 angle handle ( FYI Number eight is considered as a lucky figure and called "Suehirogari" in Japan )|
|Blade Length||180mm ( 7" )|
|Overall Length||320mm ( 12.5")|
|HRC||59 - 60|
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain fine cutting performance we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month