THE KNIFE | Blade length 10-inch | Forged Steel Olive wood handle
GÜDE Solingen | THE KNIFE
GÜDE's THE KNIFE strikes the perfect balance between durability and sharpness. The blade is chrome-molybdenum-vanadium steel with a Rockwell hardness of 57-58 HRc. This ensures the knife can withstand heavy use without breaking and retains its sharpness over time. Handle materials like olive, oak, grenadilla, and even limited edition New Zealand jade to celebrate GÜDE's 111th anniversary.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double crop, a special feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The special mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades with a hardness of approx. 57 HRC a special robustness and longevity.
The handles of the Gude Alpha Olive knife series are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally very hard and extremely weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to its natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 25.ccm (10")
- Blade with the legendary Gude serrated edge
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- Perfectly balanced by the double crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of natural olive wood from Andalusia, Spain
- not suitable for the dishwasher