GÜDE | Alpha Olive Bread Franz Dude Knife 12.5" Righ hand version | Made in Germany
Developed in 1941 by the heir to the manufactory Franz Güde, the special "GÜDE serrated edge" of our bread knives today delights bakers and bread lovers all over the world. The pointed teeth of the unyielding, sharply ground chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel ensure that slices of bread, baguettes and rolls can be sliced instead of squashed, and cabbages, melons, and crispy crusted roasts can be cut more efficiently than ever. Unadorned, beautiful handles made of different high-quality materials do the rest for this knife legend of ours.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany, from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double yield, a unique feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The unique mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades a hardness of approx. 57 HRC exceptional robustness and longevity.
The Gude Alpha Olive knife series handles are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally rugged and highly weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to their natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 32cm (12.5")
- Blade with the legendary Gude serrated edge
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- Perfectly balanced by the double crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of natural olive wood from Andalusia, Spain
- not suitable for the dishwasher