Tsumugi 180 - Nakiri Knife 165mm
Tsumugi 180 by Ginza Steel - Handcrafted Nakiri 165mm Knife - Made in Seki City of Japan
Literally means “vegetable knife” in its original Japanese name, it is specifically for cutting vegetables. It is suitable for chopping and dicing ingredients because there is no tip and the blade is straight. Historically, it has been used on a daily basis by the general population as it was designated as the easy-to-use knife for everyone. The blade has no curvature and the straight blade is easy to sharpen and handle. Unless the person is familiar, it is often hard to cleanly sharpen a knife with curves; however, there is no worry with this type of vegetable knife.
|Knife Type||Nakiri ( Ideal for Vegetable cutting jobs )
|Blade Material||High Carbon Swedish Steel 19C27 by Sandvik ( 45 Layer Damascus )|
|Blade Edge||Double Edge|
|Handle||Chestnut tree with 8 angle handle ( FYI Number eight is considered as a lucky figure and called "Suehirogari" in Japan )|
|Blade Length||165mm ( 6.5" )|
|Overall Length||300mm ( 11.8")|
|HRC||59 - 60|
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain fine cutting performance we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month