ALPHA OLIVE | Santoku Knife Smooth Blade 7 inch | Forged Steel / Olive wood handle
GÜDE | Santoku Knife 7" Blade | Made in Germany
The Alpha Olive Santoku from Gude Solingen is adequate for the European chef's knife. A universal knife is used in Japanese kitchens for almost all cutting work. In contrast to the European chef knife, it has a wider, straighter blade, which is only slightly rounded at the tip. This is due to the chopping technique preferred in Asia. A unique hollow edge ground also prevents food from sticking to the wide blade due to the resulting air cushion.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany, from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double crop, a unique feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The unique mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades a hardness of approx. 57 HRC special robustness and longevity.
The Gude Alpha Olive knife series handles are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally tough and highly weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to their natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 18cm (7 inch)
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- With hollow edges to prevent food from sticking
- Perfectly balanced by the double crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of natural olive wood from Andalusia, Spain
- Mot suitable for the dishwasher