Ginza Steel - HAYAMI 200 - VG10 - 69 Layered Damascus Steel Gyuto/Chef Knife 200mm | Made in Japan
VG-10 is cobalt-added special high carbon stainless steel and high-ranked Japanese Stainless Steel for Sharpness edge retention and durability
What is Gyu-tou (Butcher Knife, Chef Knife)
This type is mainly used to cut apart beef blocks. The reason for this is that this knife is most suited for the pressing technique where maximum weight can be applied. The meat can be cut while applying force by pressing the arch on the tip of the blade. For a large block of meat, if you simply move the blade in a vertical path, even when attempted powerfully, the blade will be caught and stop in the middle. Or, when attempting to slice beef using the slicing technique similar to cutting sashimi, sufficient weight cannot be applied, and therefore the meat will not be cut in one swift motion. However, with the pressing technique, the blade can be pushed forward as much as necessary by using the weight and cutting apart a large block. It is also good for carving the meat apart from the bone because the tip is very sharp. Furthermore, the common name for this type is chef’s knife, indicating the wide variety of possible applications other than meat alone.
| Knife Type
Gyuto / Chef ( For large vegetables and meat. All-purpose Western knife)
69 Layered Damascus Steel VG10
||Laminated Reinforced Wood
||200mm ( 7.87" )
||59 - 60
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain fine cutting performance we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month