Kanetsune | Made in Japan - Nakiri Knife 165mm
Japanese craftsmanship, beautiful hammered-pattern blade made with DSR-1K6 high carbon stainless steel blade
Literally meaning “vegetable knife” in its original Japanese name, it is precisely for cutting vegetables. It is suitable for chopping and dicing ingredients because there is no tip, and the blade is straight. Historically, it has been used on a daily basis by the general population as it was designated as the easy-to-use knife for everyone. The blade has no curvature and the straight blade is easy to sharpen and handle. Unless the person is familiar, it is often hard to cleanly sharpen a knife with curves; however, there is no worry with this type of vegetable knife.
| Knife Type
Nakiri ( Ideal for Vegetable cutting jobs )
||DSR-1K6 High carbon stainless steel
||Plywood (laminated wood) with Plastic Bolster
||180mm ( 7.1")
||305mm ( 12")
||59 - 60
Instructions and Maintenance:
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special care when using and storing it. Please keep it out of children's reach.
- Please do not use the knife for purposes other than cooking
- After use, please hand wash the knife, then wipe it clean and dry with soft clean clothes
- To maintain satisfactory cutting performance, we recommend re-sharping the knife once or twice per month